'The Beat Production Bible' is an e-book by Eddie Bazil, featuring 90 info-packed pages and audio examples that will help you to discover the fundamental concepts required to produce professional sounding Hip Hop & Dance beats!
The Beat Production Bible - Drum Programming Secrets Revealed
The 5th installment in Eddie Bazil's Audio Production Series, ‘The Beat Production Bible’ is the perfect beginners guide to discovering the variety of technical processes involved in creating professional sounding hip hop and dance beats. Throughout the 90 info-packed pages you’ll be taken step-by-step in the creation of an actual beat and along the way discover the theory and practice behind such topics as:
• Beat Creation: Picking sounds for a kit, grid & manual tick editing, ghost notes, stereo field sound placement, layering, sample management, using dynamics & eFX, dynamic playing via velocity templates.
• Quantise: Understanding and manipulating quantise, extracting grooves from audio & MIDI material and then using them in your own productions (imagine taking a Timbaland drum groove and using it on your own beat), creating custom quantise templates, understanding swing, getting that perfect timing in your beats.
• Sample Manipulation: Determine the key of a sample or song using spectrum analysers (a hugely useful tool), old school key matching techniques, manipulating key, time stretching/compressing, slicing techniques for drums and instrument phrases.
• Integral Note Manipulation: Learn about Ghost Notes, how to use Velocity and Dynamics in Hyper Draw to get the best swing and dynamics out of your drum beats.
• Dynamics and Effects: Compression, parallel compression (New York), stereo widening techniques, EQ, reverb/chorus, filtering redundant frequencies. It's all here, explained in plain English.
• Polishing the mix: Understanding sample management, multi format audio exports, grouping and soloing for mixing/production.
All concepts are clearly explained and underlined using actual audio examples and screen shots from popular music production software such as Cubase, Recycle, Battery, Soundforge, (including high resolution copies of all images so you can easily zoom in to get a closer look). Also included are individual audio tracks to let you recreate relevant portions of the beat in your own studio setup.
The Beat Production Bible is the perfect companion for production beginners/intermediaries who need a comprehensive grounding in the theories and technical processes required to make a professional quality beat. Download the pdf to get a taste of things to come and order now for instant download after purchase!
'Sunny Lax: Modern Trance Vol 2' raises the bar yet again with another 10 Construction Kits of epic proportions (4GB Total). Expert production, radio-ready melodies and hooks, and a professional feature set make this an essential addition to your Producer Loops library. In no less than 10 Kits you'll find euphoric melodies, deep chord progressions and climatic builds.