Take your music to the outer limits
A crush on music
Distortion and saturation play a very important role in music production. From subtle, clean and warm tube or tape saturation to the wildest multiband guitar amp effects: FabFilter Saturn 2 delivers. Saturn 2 introduces a host of new features such as a redesigned interface with modulation visualization, new subtle saturation and linear phase processing for mastering, many new distortion styles, and more.
Warmth, Harmonics, Colour and Dynamics
FabFilter Saturn 2 offers a range of different high-quality distortion models, inspired by the vintage sound of tubes, tape, transformers and guitar amps. In addition, you get five creative FX distortion styles to mangle your sounds in weird and unexpected ways. With its multiband design and per-band feedback, dynamics, drive, tone and modulation options, Saturn 2 will bring a unique flavour to your music.
Bring Your Sounds to Life
Add life and depth to your music using the extensive modulation section. By applying subtle modulation to crossover frequencies, dynamics, band levels or tone controls, great warmth and definition can be achieved. With all the XLFOs, EGs, XY controllers, sliders, envelope followers and MIDI sources you will ever need, you get practically unlimited modulation possibilities. Creating new modulation connections has never been easier: just drag and drop. Saturn 2 also visualizes modulations in real-time to show you exactly what's going on at all times.
Finally, FabFilter Saturn 2 contains all the usual FabFilter goodies: perfectly tuned knobs, MIDI Learn, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, interface resizing and full-screen mode, support for Avid control surfaces, GPU-powered graphics acceleration, extensive help with interactive help hints, SSE optimization, and much more.
- 28 distortion styles, from subtle tube saturation to guitar amps and bit crushing
- Multi-band processing (up to 6 bands), with optional linear phase processing
- Adjustable slope for the crossovers, offering 6, 12, 24 and 48 dB/oct options
- Per-band drive, mix, feedback, dynamics, tone and level controls
- Live modulation visualization for targets and sources
- Optional HQ modes: Good (8x oversampling) and Superb (32x oversampling)
- Redesigned easy-to-use interface including a new design of modulation sources and more
- Modulation including 16-step XLFOs, XY controllers/sliders, envelope generators
- Curve control in EGs and transient detection in EFs
- Easy drag-and-drop modulation with 50-slot modulation matrix
- Supports common Pro Tools hardware control surfaces
- Various interface sizes and Full Screen mode
- Carefully designed and curated Factory Presets, plus support of V1 presets
- Per-band solo and mute options
- Smart Parameter Interpolation
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints
- GPU-powered graphics acceleration
- Undo, redo and A/B switch features
- Interactive MIDI Learn
- Mid/side processing
- macOS 10.13 or higher (Intel or M1 Apple Silicon processor) (64-bit only)
- VST2, VST3, AU, AAX Native
- Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, or Vista (32 or 64-bit)
- VST2, VST3, AAX Native
All FabFilter plug-ins are available in VST, VST3, Audio Units, AAX Native and AudioSuite formats.