'Gu Zheng' features one of the most beautiful traditional Chinese instruments with a history of more than 2000 years. The modern Gu Zheng instrument is a plucked zither equipped with 21 strings and movable bridges. Long-hidden treasures will be rediscovered with this unique pack.
Basic playing styles include plucking at the right portion and pressing at the left portion to produce pitch ornamentations as well as tremolo. Yellow River Sound's 'Gu Zheng' is produced by Zhang Jian (China Conservatory of Music) and Ma Jing (ADSH) in cooperation with Best Service.
For the first time, a Chinese instrument was sampled with great care by local Chinese music producers, who have a natural understanding of their culture and a sole passion to express the true quality of Chinese instruments.
Using the Best Service Engine sample player technology, this virtual instrument offers more detailed articulations than ever. Its freshness and elegance reflects the spirit of Chinese culture. While many virtual instruments are involved in the loudness war, this pack's low velocity samples allow you to experience the sound of silence, nevertheless, its wide dynamic range also provides punchy impact.
With the release of 'Gu Zheng' and more instruments to follow, Chinese instruments will no longer be a sub-category in your ethno library
• 1.6 GB sample library, multi-samples on every single velocity layer
• Up to 5 velocity layers, 3 different tempos of bending up/down etc.
• Sampled from a famous, custom-designed Gu Zheng
• Recorded at China's Conservatory of Music (5 microphone positions)
• 24-Bit/44.1kHz quality
• One-shot single notes on most layers, emulate the real performance
• MIDI files and audio phrases included