'Soul Jazz Funk 1 - Chris Standring' by SessionBand is a unique and exclusive collection of over 5,000 multitrack Soul, Jazz and Funk loops featuring the 7-time, Billboard No1 Soul Jazz guitar legend Chris Standring plus special guests.
Download this stunning loop pack and start creating studio quality Soul, Jazz and Funk tracks to your own chord sequences in minutes! Use them together for an instant Soul, Jazz, Funk band, or stripped down into the individual parts.
All SessionBand loop packs contain complete sets of loops which are entirely chord-based so you can create music to all the chord sequences you want. They have been precision-edited so you know that they will loop seamlessly wherever you put them in your session.
Guitars – Chris Standring
LA-based Chris Standring has been synonymous with smooth and Soul Jazz for over 20 years, topping the Billboard contemporary Jazz charts many times with his characteristic retro Jazz, Funk and Soul vibe. With over 16 studio albums he has collaborated with everyone from Mica Paris, Bob James and John Novello to Jody Watley and Carole Beyer Sager. Chris is known for his heavy use of 1970's-style musical nuances and pushing stylistic boundaries to new and fresh directions. In this first, dedicated artist edition of SessionBand, Chris plays his favourite Benedetto archtop and Fender Strat guitars together with expertly programmed strings and keyboards to deliver 18 Soul, Jazz and Funk styles that reflect the best of the Chris Standring sound.
Drums – Chris Coleman
Atlanta-based Chris Coleman is widely recognised as one of the world's greatest drummers. With over 30 years' experience, he is without doubt one of the most sought-after RnB and Gospel drummers in the USA. A Sonor artist drum legend, Chris lends his signature precision and power to all 18 styles in the SessionBand Soul, Jazz and Funk loop pack. His CV reads like an A-Z of the biggest names in the industry: Babyface; Beck; Chaka Kahn; Christina Aguilera; Chris Standring; Gerald Albright; Israel Houghton & New Breed; Kings Of Leon; Lee Ritenour; Miranda Lambert; Rachelle Ferrell; New Kids On The Block; Prince; Patti LaBelle; Sheila E; Stanley Clarke...to name just a few!
Bass/Keyboards – Geoff Gascoyne
UK bassist, composer and producer Geoff Gascoyne is a hugely accomplished name in world Jazz and pop having performed on over 100 albums with the likes of Sting, Van Morrison and Georgie Fame. As a bassist, arranger and producer, Geoff has worked with a diverse range of artists including Michel Legrand, Everything But the Girl, Van Morrison, Georgie Fame, Sir Willard White, US3, Sting, Charlie Watts, Benny Golson, Bill Bruford, Jacqui Dankworth, Bob Dorough, Mari Wilson, Eddie Izzard,The Mingus Big Band, Peter King Quartet, John Martyn, Dianne Reeves, Guy Barker, Claire Martin, Eartha Kitt and he played a major role in the rise of Jamie Cullum with whom he worked exclusively from 2000 to 2007 as Musical Director.
Producer – Geoff Gascoyne
• 5184 Chord-Based Multi Channel Loop Stacks (Over 20,000 Individual Loops)
• 18 Construction Kits
• Original High Quality WAV Recordings
• 18 Soul, Jazz & Funk Styles In Tempo Order: Smooth Jazz Ballad; Slow Groove Ballad; Gospel12/8; Motown Wah; Pop Fusion; Pop Soul; Swinging Reggae; Wah Funk; Electric Bossa; Samba Funk; Soul Funk; Shuffle; Uptown Funk; Driving Soul; Upwards Groove; Brazilian; Feel Good; Drum'N' Bass
• Tempos From 60 BPM To 160 BPM
• 12 Chord Variations For Every Root Note In All 18 Styles: Maj; Maj7; 11; 7; 7(B9); 7(#9,#5), Min, M(#5); M6; M9; M7(B5); Maj 'Stop'
• Fully Labelled With The Following Information: Style Number; BPM; Instrument; Chord Variation & Duration
• Arranged Into 18 Main Style Folders (Construction Kits) With Sub Folders For Root Note (D, E, F# Etc...) & For Chord Variation (Dmaj7, D11, Dm9 Etc...)
• All Individual Component Loops In The Multitrack Are Presented Together For Ease Of Use But Of Course, Can Be Used Separately
• All 18 Main Style Folders (Construction Kits) Contain The Same Combination Of 2-Bar Loops & 1-Bar End Chord Loops
• Each Of The 18 Styles Includes A Further 15 Alternative Drum Grooves & Drum Fills In Addition To The 'Main' Drum Pattern For That Style