'Soul Jazz Funk 2 - Kirk Whalum' by SessionBand is an exclusive collection of over 5,000 multitrack Soul, Jazz and Funk loops featuring one of the world's most successful saxophonists and the genius behind many of the world's best-loved sax solos from Whitney Houston and Luther Vandross to Quincy Jones, Larry Carlton and Al Jarreau.
Use these loops together for an instant Soul Jazz Funk band, or stripped down into the individual parts. Download this stunning loop pack and start creating studio quality Soul, Jazz and Funk tracks to your own chord sequences in minutes!
All SessionBand loop packs contain complete sets of loops which are entirely chord-based so you can create music to all the chord sequences you want. They are precision-edited so you know that they will loop seamlessly wherever you put them in your session.
Tenor/Soprano Sax – Kirk Whalum
Kirk Whalum is one of the world's greatest saxophonists. 12-time Grammy nominee, 3-time Dove Award nominee and winner of 2 Stellar Awards and a Grammy, Kirk has performed alongside some of the biggest names in music including Barbara Streisand, Al Jarreau, Luther Vandross, Quincy Jones, Larry Carlton, Aretha Franklin, George Duke and of course…Whitney Houston.
Kirk's unmistakably rich, soulful and passionate tenor sax sound appears on so many global hits including the best-selling female artist single of all-time…Whitney Houston's “I Will Always Love You”. Kirk's stirring sax sound is a sound that leaves an indelible imprint on the listener – and now you can incorporate some of that magic into your own music with this unique chord-based loop pack.
In this very special exclusive edition of SessionBand, Kirk solos on both Tenor and Soprano sax, delivering his unmistakable, dynamic sound and texture across a broad range of 18 Soul, Jazz and Funk styles. There's everything from slow rnb/Soul ballads, blues shuffles and mid-tempo hip hop Funk styles right through to uptempo hard bop, a James Brown-style 'free Funk' and Motown. There's also a 'Tenor Cadenzas' style in which Kirk delivers improvised, virtuosic 'endings' across the whole range of chord variations in every key! Priceless if you're looking for the perfect finish for your own tracks.
Drums – Jack Pollitt
Jack Pollitt is one of the most sought-after session drummers in the UK, recording and performing with artists including Beyoncé, Ed Sheeran, Pharrell Williams, Beverley Knight, Fran Healy and Brian May...to name just a few.
For nine years to 2015, Jack was drummer with the hugely successful Soul band Mamas Gun who shot to fame in South East Asia in 2009 - becoming the most played international band on Japanese radio. A Londoner through and through, Jack has a degree in Jazz Music and has played on many film and TV soundtracks and performed in many musicals in London's West End.
Keyboards – Tom Cawley
Highly acclaimed, multi award-winning pianist and composer, Tom Cawley is one of the most sought-after keyboard players in the world. Not only is Tom in great demand as a Jazz pianist (Dave Weckl, Jack DeJohnette, Charlie Watts, Stacey Kent, Yaron Herman, Curtis Stigers, Jamie Cullum, Guy Barker, Curios, Ronnie Scott's All-Stars…), he is also widely regarded as a leading pop/rock keyboardist, recording and performing around the world with U2, Amy Winehouse, Peter Gabriel, Andrea Bocelli, and many others.
Guitar – Tommy Emmerton
Super-talented Tommy is one of the UK's hottest guitarists. His performing and recording credits include Quincy Jones, Al Jarreau, Gary Barlow, Gary Bartz, Eddie Henderson, Katherine Jenkins, The BBC Big Band and The Ronnie Scott's Jazz Orchestra to name just a handful.
When not in guitar sessions, at Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club or touring, you'll find Welshman Tommy performing in London's West End theatre district. Tommy has played numerous musicals from 'We Will Rock You' and 'Billy Elliot' to 'Shrek' and 'Jersey Boys'. Currently he plays guitar for the smash-hit musical 'The Book Of Mormon'.
Bass – Geoff Gascoyne
UK bassist, composer and producer Geoff Gascoyne is a hugely accomplished name in world Jazz and pop having performed on over 100 albums with the likes of Sting, Van Morrison and Georgie Fame.
As a bassist, arranger and producer, Geoff has worked with a diverse range of artists including Michel Legrand, Everything But the Girl, Van Morrison, Georgie Fame, Sir Willard White, US3, Sting, Charlie Watts, Benny Golson, Bill Bruford, Jacqui Dankworth, Bob Dorough, Mari Wilson, Eddie Izzard,The Mingus Big Band, Peter King Quartet, John Martyn, Dianne Reeves, Guy Barker, Claire Martin, Eartha Kitt and he played a major role in the rise of Jamie Cullum with whom he worked exclusively from 2000 to 2007 as Musical Director.
Producer – Geoff Gascoyne
• 5,028 Chord-Based Multi Channel Loop Stacks (Over 19,000 Individual Loops)
• Original High Quality WAV Recordings
• 18 Construction Kits
• 18 Soul, Jazz And Funk Styles In Tempo Order: Slow 6/4; Slow Shuffle; Stax Soul; Soul Sister; Gospel 6/4; Gospel Shuffle; Hip Hop Funk 1; Hip Hop Funk 2; • Memphis Soul; Funky Drummer; Alicia 6/4; Blues Shuffle; Funk Factor; Super Jb; Rnb 6/4; Fast Funk; Motown Plus Tenor Cadenzas
• Tempos From 80bpm To 150bpm
• 12 Chord Variations For Every Root Note In All 18 Styles (11 In Style No 18) : Maj; Maj7; 11; 7; 7(B9); 7(#9,#5), Min, M(#5); M6; M9; M7(B5); Maj 'Stop'
• Fully Labelled With The Following Information: Style Number; Bpm; Instrument; Chord Variation And Duration
• Arranged Into 18 Main Style Folders (Construction Kits) With Sub Folders For Root Note (D, E, F# Etc…) And For Chord Variation (Dmaj7, D11, Dm9 Etc…)
• All Individual Component Loops In The Multitrack Are Presented Together For Ease Of Use But Of Course, Can Be Used Separately
• All Main Style Folders (Construction Kits) Contain The Same Combination Of 2-Bar Loops And 1-Bar End Chord Loops.
• There Are 20 Alternative Drum Grooves And Drum Fills In Every Style In Addition To The Main Drum Groove For That Style (Except Style 18)