'SYS-100 Drums' comes from the creators of Wave Alchemy's award-winning 'Synth Drums' collection, bringing you a ground-breaking new drum library.
'SYS-100 Drums' delivers 1,584 beautifully designed, never heard before analogue drum samples, each intuitively crafted and layered from the ground up using an iconic, all time classic semi-modular synth that marked the very start of Japan's Vintage Synth Era.
Forward-Thinking Sound Design:
Wave Alchemy's goal with 'SYS-100 Drums' was to design and create a completely new, original collection of drum sounds that spark creativity and in true Wave Alchemy style, punching hard and full of character. Each drum sound in the collection has been built from scratch by compositing up to 14 unique, individually synthesized layers. Each created in series, one at a time, beautifully designed to mesh perfectly into specific frequency bands within every drum sound.
The results? Unique sounds that wouldn't be possible without these new techniques, including full-spectrum constant-fundamental kicks, luscious cymbals and dynamic snares. 'SYS-100 Drums' delivers an incredibly thick, rich sound with a wide frequency spectrum and true stereo image.
A Love For Character:
For extra character and tonal variation, each individual sound has been processed individually on a sound-by-sound basis using an impressive collection of high-end outboard gear and processing chains.
This library has been designed to be as flexible as possible. As well as the extensive processed section, the unprocessed source samples are also included as they were originally recorded and composited, free from additional processing, giving you a more malleable sound. A third section includes all samples bounced through 1/4-inch analogue tape and a fourth section includes all samples recorded to 12-inch vinyl, recorded via a classic Neumann VMS 70 vinyl mastering lathe.
Additionally, all drum sounds are presented in groups divisible by 12, to ensure ease of use with keyboard controllers. Drum sections fit neatly across exact octaves, making it simple to use Kits or create your own. Samples are organised in a simple and logical folder structure, each named descriptively and edited by hand.
Ableton Live Integration:
As well as the included 1,584 drum samples (in 24-Bit WAV format), 'SYS-100 Drums' also boasts a feature-rich, custom built Ableton Live Pack (for Live 9 and above). Easily mix and match any drum sound using the extensive Drum Rack environment, creatively effect, modulate, filter, saturate or twist any sound using well thought-out macro controls and effects sends. Simulate the random behaviour and subtle differences in sound inherent of analogue equipment using the unique Round Robin Simulator. Deep Push and Push 2 integration means you can control everything directly from your Push/Push 2 controller.
1,584 24-Bit, 100% Royalty-Free drum hits are arranged into five main sections.
Processed Drum Section:
• 396 processed drum and percussive hits in true stereo (with the exception of mono kicks). Every drum enhanced individually on a sound-by-sound basis using an extensive collection of high-end hardware processors and sound shaping tools.
• 60 beautifully designed kick drums, full spectrum kicks with constant fundamental pitch, a first in any analogue sample library, allowing kicks to be better tuned to your mix. A selection of super short kicks, delivering maximum punch while leaving space in the mix for other elements.
• 84 snare drums & claps, All beautifully crafted and unique, including dynamically layered sounds covering a wide range of styles.
• 48 cymbals & open hats, created using unique hybrid synthesis techniques from analogue layers. Rich open hi-hats, metallic rides, huge stacked crashes, other-worldly chimes and much more.
• 48 abstract perc & hand drums, creative abstract percussion, hand drums, tribal-like hits, synthetic bongos, congas and more.
• 60 hats & shakers, wide shakers, stacked closed hats and everything in-between.
• 48 blocks, cowbells & noise, esoteric blocks, bells, small percussion, powerful analogue noise hits from the synth's pink and white noise generators, lush cowbells and various stacked creative percussion sounds.
• 24 toms, unique and full-bodied analogue toms covering deep, synthetic, punchy and organic.
• 24 atmospheres, a collection of analogue drones, sweeps, abstract textures, lush sound beds and more.
Unprocessed Drum Section:
• 396 24-Bit unprocessed drum and percussive hits
• Identical in folder structure to the processed drum section, the unprocessed section includes all of the raw unprocessed source samples as they were originally recorded and composited, without enhancement.
Tape Drum Section:
• 396 24-Bit 'tape processed' drum and percussive hits
• Identical in folder structure to the processed drum section, the tape processed folder includes all samples bounced through a 1/4 inch Studio A80 MK1 Analogue Tape machine for added character, tone, warmth and punch.
Vinyl Drum Section:
• 396 24-Bit 'Vinyl processed' drum and percussive hits
• Identical in folder structure to the processed drum section, the vinyl processed folder includes all samples bounced to 12-inch Vinyl, recorded via a classic Neumann VMS 70 vinyl mastering lathe
The drum Kits folder contains a number of ready-to-play drum Kits, conveniently mapped to the following software sampler formats.
• 38 Kits for Battery 3
• 38 Kits for Halion
• 38 Kits for Kong
• 38 Kits for Kontakt
• 38 Kits for NN-XT
• 38 Kits for SFZ
• 38 Kits for EXS-24
This is a drum sample pack only. Other sounds in the demos are not included.